Our Charity

Our Charity

Tuesday 8 February 2011

It's Dawning!

I must say sorry that I haven't updated the blog for a while but it has been really busy with work and with the planning of the ride so please bear with me.

I think for all involved it's now dawning on us what a physical challenge this ride is going to be. I had a text saying that someone had even seen Dave the "phantom cyclist" out and about and that he had even done 20 odd miles in one go! Well done mate. Whilst I'm on the subject of Dave a shout out must be given to his long suffering Wife. Dave came to work one day and told me that he had bought a new piece to his bike and had spent over £100 for the pleasure. Dave was asked what amazing go faster piece is this? ( I have to run everything past my other half and it's very rare I'm allowed to spend!) The answer when it arrived was a carbon fibre stem. Exactly the same of the last one but a slightly different colour! Dave it won't help you on the day!
Omar then dropped the thing on a table whailst trying to be funny. The people there watched it bounce across the table and onto the floor. Lets just say that Omar went a funny colour. I think Dave did as well.

One member of the Team that I'm not really worried about is the "Silver Fox" Keith. He rides to work in all weathers and I mean all weathers. Although he is the oldest I think he will be the cornerstone of the cycling element so he has a big role to play. (If I can get him to stop moaning for five minutes at a time that is!)

The new bike
Here is a picture of "Daddy Davies" taking possession of his custom carbon framed super bike. As you can see he is as proud as a new father and I must admit that I am pretty jealous of him. Again I received a text from Paul whilst he was away on holiday. He said that he taken his bike and had done 9 miles all in one go. "Not a lot", I hear you cry. Well Paul has clipless pedals on the new bike and had never used them before. So 9 miles without falling off is a bit of a miracle. The first time I took mine out I fell off twice in 30 seconds in Solihull Town Centre. Having children laugh in your face from their car seats isn't the best way to spend a Sunday afternoon!




On Sunday I managed to stretch my legs with Solihull Cycling Club and ended up doing 65 miles. The furthest by a long way (40 miles) that I had ever done all in one go. I am writing this the day after and have to admit that the thighs are a little tender. I wonder just how I'm going to be able to get up everyday and do it all over again. It can't be that hard, can it?
Eagle eyed Bev caught me washing the cups.
Enjoy it while you can, it'll be the last time!!

1 comment:

  1. Would love some photographic evidence of you doing some washing up at home!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete