Our Charity

Our Charity

Sunday 13 February 2011

The tale of John and his winter ride

Why do we pay road tax? South Staffordshire and Wolverhampton Councils, hang your head in shame! I've only cycled 21 miles this afternoon, and Wolverhampton has some of the bumpiest roads I have ever been on, while South Staffordshire has more holes in their roads than Albion's defence! 


"Hello, is that Accident Direct?"


Anyway, rant over! It was nice to get out minus all the thermals-first time this year- the sun was shining, and occasionally, it was quite warm! I had my I pod blasting Chase & Status' new album, for company, and that kept me going as for me, solo riding is mentally more difficult. It was my first proper outing with them fancy new pedals and cleats, and I was ok until I go to some traffic lights, forgot all about them and nearly went! I managed to stay upright but there was some significant wobbling going on! 


The ride was going well, until about four miles before home when that wind that has been hanging around for the last week or so reared its ugly head. Out of nowhere, I was blasted with an almighty head wind that nearly stopped me in my tracks! I ploughed on through it for about a mile, trying to make myself as small a possible. Being 6 foot 4 and carrying a bit of timber, it wasn't the easiest of tasks! However, I soon came rattling into Perton, and gained some shelter. From there, I had a couple of nice down hills with one nasty uphill/mountain before I arrived home and once more came close to taking a tumble due to those bloomin pedals!


Posted by John

No comments:

Post a Comment